The luminous and carefree days of summer time will probably be right here earlier than we all know it (Can I get an hallelujah?!), so be sure to’re prepared for the arrival of that midsummer night time’s dream with a simple to make DIY feather headband. This easy hair accent will be pulled collectively in below an hour with simply Four craft retailer supplies, so that you will be feather-adorned and festival-ready very quickly flat. Right here we’ve used undyed, pure feathers, however there are such a lot of colours and kinds of feathers on the market, it’s simple to make one distinctive to your private fashion. Deliver on these countless summer time nights!
- Plain 1/4″ thick one-size-fits-all headband (accessible at most craft shops)
- Clear drying industrial energy adhesive
- Pure (undyed) feathers – 12 to 14 medium sized plumes in related shade tones (accessible at most craft shops)
- Craft scissors
1. To start, take away the sharp quills from every feather with a snip of the scissors. You wish to be certain a rogue quill received’t come again to poke you whenever you’re sporting the headscarf later.
2. Apply a lightweight line of clear adhesive alongside the decrease half of the feather’s backbone. If adhesive is utilized too far up the plume, the feather will look matted down (and fairly unnatural) when utilized to the headscarf, dropping it’s wispy ethereal impact. The world of the feather that’s truly adhered to the headscarf is roofed up as you layer the feathers across the headband.
3. Begin on one facet of the headscarf and apply feathers systematically till you attain the opposite finish. Adhere the the primary feather, quill finish pointed up in order that the wispy finish is in step with the underside of the headscarf. Press down the decrease a part of feather’s backbone to stick into place (roughly 10 seconds), permitting the wispy finish of the feather to fall organically across the headband.
4. Add the following feather by repeating steps 2 and three, however this time overlap the primary feather with the second feather in order that solely 1-2″ of the primary feather is left exhibiting. Any adhesive peeking by way of on the primary feather will probably be hid by the overlapping of the second feather.
5. Proceed adhering feathers to the headscarf in an overlapping style till you attain the other finish of the headscarf and the complete headband is roofed. The as soon as skinny and plain headband ought to now be full bodied with lovely, wispy feathers.
6. Permit the headscarf to relaxation for an hour or so to make sure feathers are strongly adhered. Put on along with your favourite summertime ensemble for a dreamy and laid again look.